The Herald, from 1933 to today
The Genesee County Herald was founded in 1933 to serve as a weekly newspaper for rural Genesee County, USA. As rural markets grew and became more populated, The Herald became more focused on Northern Genesee County and in particular the communities of Mt. Morris and Clio as well as the surrounding townships, school districts, etc. In fact, the name of the newspaper was formally changed to the Mt. Morris-Clio Herald to reflect that local focus.
In the early 1980's, to augment the paid circulation Herald, we launched a new shopping guide known as The Crossroads Advertiser. This new publication offered a very affordable means for businesses, both small and large, to get their advertising messages delivered to every door step in the area.
The Birch Run-Bridgeport Herald began its weekly service to southern Saginaw County in 1985 quickly became a household name and a voice for the communities it serves.
Publisher Mike Harrington and his long line of experienced and dedicated staff members have helped some of even the smallest local businesses become successful. We take pride in our customers' success and on offering each of them the personal attention they deserve when it comes to their marketing needs.
Today, the combination of two paid circulation newspapers, which are the legal newspapers of record for their respective communities, and the total market coverage of The Crossroads Advertiser shopping guide, gives you the one-two punch unavailable elsewhere in our market.